Friday, August 28, 2009

Wobbly Times number 19



Winter's End
The bees are humming


around the rosemary


The Sun is warm


in ice-cold air


My garlic is sprouting


green rocket head


up through composted



ever ancient Australian soil


And I'm reading Carl Sandburg's


The People yes part 99


dressed in heat soaking black


beret Basque atop my naked head


dragonfly passing pollen


sipping nectar



me too


Dark


The Sun shrouded behind windblown clouds


nightshade on the mind


a hint of nuclear winter


makes my toes turn cold


Light


bright


white


The page regains its friendly hue


Sandberg speaks to me


to my way of thinking
echoes from a time gone by
and yet
here


Hope is with the general course of history


and the people make history


and tend towards freedom
as they stumble on


No comments:

Post a Comment